All you need to know about the Gotham Steel Pans
What is a man without food? And for that matter good food!
Be it the beggar on the street or a monk in a monastery, everyone enjoys a good meal.
As such cooking forms an integral part of everyday life whether you do it yourself, order take out or get it from your favorite diner you engage in the a part of the cooking cycle.
For us though, we delight in the process taking food from ingredients and turning it into savory dishes, something that a good set of cookware comes ever so handy in.
To keep it short and sweet, this article focuses on the Gotham Steel pans which a lot of cooking enthusiasts including but not limited to world renown Chef Daniel Green agree do a commendable job.
Buying Guide for the Gotham Steel Pans
As with any other important purchase in one’s life, there are considerations you need to make before you come to a decision.
Here are some of the things to look out for:
Size and type– The size of the pan is one of the most important considerations as they are available in different sizes.
Think about what you like to cook and the types of pans you need; do you do a lot of sauteing? Boiling? Deep frying? etc
Do you often host? If you do you might want to get a big set of pans because you probably cook multiple dishes. How big is your stove top?
Non stick – It is paramount that you get a nonstick set otherwise you will spend a lot of time trying to get burnt food off your pans. Not only that but sticky pans tend to burn your food and consume quite a bit of oil.
100% Safe – The safety is necessary and the pan must be free from any toxic material. The cookware must come with a PFOA/PFTE free label and is something that is mandatory. This indicates it is 100% safe to use.
Ease of Cleaning – The cookware must be easy to clean and hence it is always important to buy pan that is dishwasher friendly.
The non-stick surface makes it easy to clean and wash the cookware as the food does not stick to the surface.
Handle – The handle is an important part and plays a major role in handling the cookware while cooking and moving around.
It must not only be strong but heat resistant so that handling the pan becomes a breeze.
Our Gotham Steel Selection
The Gotham Steel 20-piece kitchen set with everything included in it is a must buy for your kitchen that has ware for everything you will be cooking from baking, frying, deep frying, cookie preparation, stock preparation, the list is endless.
This versatile 20 piece kitchen set is also an Award winning collection of cookware that is constructed using Ti ceramic coating that ensures it gives a complete non-sticky coating and anything cooked on it simply slides off the pan without an aweful lot of oil or butter.
The food does not get burnt or stick to the base of the vessel.
All of the cookware are designed for ultra-durability and are scratch proof.
The strong aluminum composition helps in even distribution of the heat across the cookware. The cooking utensils are light weight and can be used in the oven till a temperature of 500°F.
All of the utensils have handles that stay cool and guarantee smooth handling. All of the utensils are constructed without use of any kind of toxic substances like PHTE, PFOA and PFOS.
1. All Inclusive Kitchen Set
It has total 20 pieces of kitchenware that includes five pieces for baking, ten piece of cookware set and a deep square pan set along with other wares like stock pot and egg tray.
2. Non-stick construction
All the wares are made of high quality aluminum and ceramics that makes it durable and non-sticky. The non-stick construction requires less oil for cooking.
3. Toxin free with cookbook
The whole set of the cookware is free of any kind of toxin and has no PTHE, PFOA and PFOS in it. The set also comes with a cookbook that has 50 amazing recipes that can be used for cooking delicious dishes.
- Light weight and durable made through combination of titanium and copper.
- The ceramic coating makes it non sticky with low oil requirement for cooking
- Even distribution of heat helps in quick and even cooking of food
- Free of any kind of toxic elements and safe for oven till 500°F
- It is an expensive set of cookware
With the 10 kitchen ware, it can be used for versatile cooking options like frying, steaming, cooking and preparation of soup.
The Ti ceramic coating ensures that the cookware are non-sticky and requires less oil for cooking without burning the food.
The cookware are light weight and durable and are able to handle an oven temperature of around 500°F along with being microwavable.
They are dishwasher safe and constructed without use of any kind of toxic substances like PFOA, PTFE and PFOS that makes it flame proof.
The finishing is really great with use of high grade titanium and ceramic use with a cool handle for easy usage and handling of the wares.
1. Complete Cookware set
It is an ideal cookware that includes 10 pieces of cookware that consists of wares that are suitable for frying, steaming and cooking. The set includes a 5 quart pot, 2.5 quart pot, 1.5 quart pot all with lid along with two pans of 8.5 and 10.25 inch each inclusive with steamer.
2. Excellent durability
The cookware set is extremely durable and tough with rust free properties due to its stainless steel construction. The use of high grade titanium and ceramic ensures great finishing and makes the product non sticky for ease of cooking. The Ti-ceramic coating makes it scratch proof.
3. Oven and Microwave friendly
The cookware can be used in oven and microwave and is able to withstand a temperature of up to 500°F. Not only it is able to withstand such a high temperature but is dishwasher friendly and hence cleaning off the utensil is easy and convenient.
- Ti-ceramic coating that makes the cookware non sticky and easy to cook
- Extremely durable through use of titanium and ceramic for the finishing
- Perfect for cooking versatile kind of food with ability to withstand a temperature of 500°F inside oven
- Dishwasher friendly and easy to clean
- Free of any kind of toxic elements like PFOA, PTFE and PFOS
- The cookware is not suitable for use on induction
This Gotham Steel frying pan is endorsed by celebrity chef Daniel Green and is a perfect non-stick pan made from a strong combination of titanium along with ceramic.
The size of the frying pan is 9.5 inch which is large enough to cook versatile food and it delivers efficient cooking with use of less or no oil.
The construction of the pan is ultra-durable and scratch proof and the interior coating is free of any sort of toxic element.
The versatile cookware is safe to use along with metal utensils and can be cleaned easily in a dishwasher.
The cooking is smooth that allows slide of anything without use of a lot of oil or butter. It is highly energy efficient and works well on low to medium flame.
- Strong Construction – The construction of the cookware is very strong and ultra-durable making it scratch free. The high quality ceramic coating of the cookware ensures that it is non-stick and able to cook food without use of much oil.
- Versatile Cookware – The fan is perfect for shallow frying and is even compatible for low flame cooking. It can be used for cooking different type of food and is able to withstand an oven temperature of around 500° The pan works really well on low heat and helps in efficient conduction of the heat across the entire surface.
- Easy to Clean – It is quite easy to clean the cookware since it is non-sticky and is also dishwasher friendly. You don’t have to worry about bits of food sticking to the bottom and the messy cleanup. The food readily slides across it and hence can be washed off in seconds.
- Versatile cookware and is compatible for use on low flame
- Light weight and well balanced with a pan size of 9.5 inch
- Solid construction made durable with use of high grade titanium with ceramic
- Non sticky surface and also scratch proof
- Free of toxic elements like PFOA, PFOS and PTHE
- Resistance to oven temperature of up to 500°F
- Efficient and balance conduction of heat
- Cookware is not suitable for induction stove
- Handle is slightly uncomfortable due to it being a little thin
The four piece Gotham Steel kitchenware consists of a deep square pan with a lid, frying basket and a steamer tray and can be used for versatile cooking.
The pan is constructed using high grade titanium and ceramic that makes the surface non sticky and easy to cook.
The cookware is versatile and plays a multi-functional role with a stainless steel induction base that makes it scratch free.
It is free of any toxic elements and is able to withstand an oven temperature of 500°F.
It can be used for a number of cooking and requires little oil due to the non-stick ceramic coating.
The fry basket can be used for draining off the excess oil from the fried food. The steamer is perfect for cooking steamed veggies and is perfect for healthy style of cooking.
The cooking with such multi-purpose cookware becomes easy and efficient as it evenly distributes the heat across it.
The ease at which the cookware can be cleaned after cooking is commendable with it being dishwasher friendly. The bottom does not stick food on it and washing becomes easy.
- Durable Construction – The four piece multi-purpose kitchenware is durable and strong with aluminum base construction. It is made from high quality titanium mixed with ceramic that makes it non sticky and easy to cook food with use of less oil.
- Free of toxic elements – The cookware does not consist of any sort of toxic elements in its construction. It is 100% safe without any traces of PFOA, PTFE and PFOS.
- Safe and convenient – It has an induction base. It is highly versatile and includes four pieces which are deep square pan, lid, steam rack and fry basket. The wares are safe to use in oven at temperature of 500°F and is also dishwasher safe.
- Versatile and multi-purpose with ability to fry, steam and cook
- Easy to clean and dishwasher friendly
- Nonstick coating with ceramic coating mixed with high grade titanium
- Does not get scratched easily and durable
- Able to withstand a temperature of 500°F in an oven
- Even distribution of heat across for quick and efficient cooking
- Not suitable for cooking on induction
The 5 piece kitchen cookware also first endorsed by Chef Daniel Green is known for its multi-purpose wares and copper surface which offer even heat distribution.
It is used for preparation of a variety of food items and the non-sticky surface makes it use up little oil or butter which is great especially for healthy cooking enthusiasts.
The 5 set includes a 10.25” and 8.5” fry pan, glass lid of 10.25”, 2 quart pot and a lid for the quart pot.
The cookware is perfect for use on an electric and gas stove and is safe to be used at a temperature of 500°F inside an oven.
It can be cleaned efficiently as there is no sticking of food and it is dishwasher friendly.
The cookware is ultra-durable and strong with its titanium and ceramic coating and also is metal utensil safe.
It helps in even distribution of the heat that ensures the food is cooked in less time and evenly across.
The use of the 5 piece cookware is perfect for any kitchen as it supports cooking of versatile food items.
- Sturdy construction – The cookware is high durable and sturdy which is aided by the combination of the titanium along with ceramic coating. The use of ceramic coating makes it non sticky and hence very less oil or butter can be used for the cooking.
- Multi-purpose cookware – The cookware is highly versatile with two frying pans of different size along with a lid, quart pot and a lid for the pot. This can be used for cooking different type of food and is suitable for use on both electric and gas stoves.
- Easy to use – The ease of use makes the cookware a perfect addition to the kitchen. Being dishwasher friendly, it is easy to wash and clean the cookware. The cookware is also resistant to a temperature of 500°F inside the microwave.
- Solid and strong construction with lightweight cookware
- Versatile and multi-purpose
- Easy to clean being dishwasher friendly
- Efficient conduction of the heat
- Nonstick coating with ceramic ensures healthy cooking with less oil
- Solid construction with scratch resistance
- Not suitable for use on the induction stove
- Cookbook is not available as hard copy but in form of a downloadable link
How To Season Gotham Steel Pans
What you’ll need to season a Gotham Steel pan:
- Paper towel
- Cooking Oil
- Stove Top
- Wash the pan using warm water with a mild dish soap. Do not scrub the pan. Ensure to use a soft, non-abrasive cloth. This will remove any particles or debris that could interfere with the seasoning process.
- Thoroughly dry the pan with a clean paper towel. Ensure not to just move the water around into smaller areas. After that continually switch to a new paper towel until you are able to wipe everywhere on the pan and absorb any water.
- Put your pan on the burner and heat it on medium-high for at least two minutes. The reason for this is because we want the oil we put next to be properly warmed up.
- You must now choose the oil you are going to use. You can also use any vegetable oil. Cooking or vegetable oil is recommended specifically for non-stick cooking surfaces. Gently spread the oil around the pan to evenly coat the entire surface. NEVER use olive oil for seasoning, olive oil is light and heating it above its smoking point will cause it to carbonize on the surface of the pan, creating a dark-colored build up that is really difficult to remove.If you need a long-lasting seasoning, then it would be better to use groundnut or canola oil.
- Allow the oil to dry for several minutes. The oil will form a thick consistency once it cools down.
- Repeating this seasoning process every few months will help to maintain the pan’s integrity. To make your seasoning last longer, washing the pan with soap is not such a good idea.
Just like anything else, you also have to take care of your cookware if you want it to last longer and the Gotham Steel Pan is not an exception.
Here are a few important care tips that you need to know:
Only cook under medium heat.
High heat essentially damages pans. This is why you should only cook under medium heat so as to extend the lifespan of your pans and also ensure no damages occur to them
Never use cooking sprays.
When you use cooking sprays, there will eventually be a build up in the pan. This gets very hard to remove and in turn the friction caused in order to remove will damage your pan.
Store your pans properly.
Once your done with your pans, hang your pans. Ensure there is plenty of space between them. There is a very valid reason to this.
When you store your plans close together, on top of each other you risk damaging the non stick surface of your pans.
Avoid sudden temperature changes.
Exposing your pans to high temperature and then washing them immediately afterwards risks the pans to warping and damage on the non stick surface.
After using your pans, allow them to cool down first before washing them.
Do not use abrasive cleaning materials.
I am sure you’ve seen this for yourself before. The friction between these materials and your pans may cause irreversible damage to your pans. These includes scouring pads.
We advise you use softer materials such a soft sponge. In addition, a mild dish washing soap is also advisable so at to get the greasy material off your pans.
Do not use metal utensils
Spoons, forks or knives can cause considerable damage to your pans. They scratch of the non stick surface of your pans.
We advise to even store them separately from your pans to steer off from accidental damage.
- Complete kitchen in a box – includes a complete suite of fry pans, stock pots, sauce pans, bakeware pans, steamers and more
- Award winning Ti-Cerama coating ensures the ultimate release - everything just slides right off the pan, No need for oil or butter
- Ultra-durable, scratch-proof & metal utensil safe
- Please note, this product may arrive either the retail packaging or a recyclable eco-friendly box
- Lightweight design makes for a comfortable cooking experience
- GOTHAM STEEL COOKWARE - with over 30 million happy customers, Gotham Steel has revolutionized kitchens across the world with the introduction of the nonstick ceramic copper cookware! New for 2021, our award-winning frying pans have improved in every area including the nonstick coating, stay cool handles, exterior finish and durability, including infusing diamond-like particles to the surface to ensure the pan doesn’t scratch! We’re excited to welcome to you & yours to the Gotham Steel family.
- 9.5” MULTIPURPOSE FRYING PAN – the 9.5” skillet is pan is ideal for nearly every situation, perfect for sunny side ups, sauteing vegetables, steaming broccoli, whipping up pancakes, scrambled eggs and omelets, searing steaks, grilling burgers and so much more.
- ULTIMATE CERAMIC NONSTICK – the Gotham Steel nonstick cooking surface is coated three times and then reinforced with diamonds to deliver the ultimate food release. No seasoning or even oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup.
- HEALTHY & NON-TOXIC – the Gotham Steel Ti-Cerama coating is free of PFOA, PFOS, lead & cadmium for a healthy and safe experience day in and out.
- SUPER DURABLE – the coating of the pan is infused with synthetic diamonds, the strongest material on earth which makes it durable enough to withstand metal utensils, spatulas, spoons, whisks and even electric beaters while delivering years of outstanding, nonstick use