As a cooking enthusiast, you love to take your time as you prepare various delicious delicacies in your kitchen. Considering that, a nice set of sturdy and stylish cooking pans and pots can go a long way in enhancing your dish preparation, cooking and serving.
But not every cookware is worth the name, which is why you have to watch out the items you settle for. Tramontina is among the high contenders in the production of kitchenware.
They have an array of quality cookware pieces that cover every cook’s needs and make the process hassle-free. Not to mention the excellent assortment of meal prepping tools that will help show off your culinary skills.
In these Tramontina cookware reviews, we’ll focus on pots and pans by Tramontina USA. Sit tight and let us explore the top four quality Tramontina nonstick cookware.
- #1: Tramontina 10-pc Aluminum Gourmet Ceramica Deluxe Black Cookware Set
- #2: Tramontina 12’’ Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Professional Fry Pan
- #3: Tramontina 8-Piece Gourmet Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad set
- #4: Tramontina 15 pc Hard Anodized Cookware Set
Looking for a cookware set to add your kitchenware? The Tramontina 10-Piece Gourmet Ceramic Cookware Set might just be what you are looking for.
- Cold-Forged, heavy-gauge aluminum construction for even heat distribution with a durable, easy-to-clean metallic black porcelain enamel exterior
- Pfoa, PTFE, lead and cadmium-free ceramic nonstick interior provides a healthy, eco-friendly, quick release and easy cleanup cooking surface
- Ergonomically designed soft-grip cast stainless steel handles ; heat- and shatter-resistant tempered glass lids allow you to monitor cooking progress
- Dishwasher and oven-safe (up to 350 Degree Fahrenheit or 176 Degree Celsius); compatible with gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops
- Made in Italy, assembled and packaged in the USA; lifetime warranty
See, there’s power in buying kitchen items in sets rather than separately. If you buy a nice set of Tramontina pots and pans, you’re can be sure to save a couple of bucks that you can spend elsewhere. Plus, identical sets look adorable and classy in kitchens.
Back to the cooking set. When buying the Tramontina Aluminum Gourmet Black Ceramic Cookware Set, you can choose from the 11 pc, 10 pc, and 8 pc cookware sets. Each set comes with a couple of accessories in various sizes and it’s upon you to choose what suits your needs perfectly.
The Tramontina Aluminum Gourmet Ceramica Metallic Black comes with an 8” Tramontina fry pan, 10” fry pan, 1.5Qt covered saucepan, 3Qt covered saucepan & 5Qt covered Dutch oven.
Tramontina 10 pc Aluminum Gourmet Ceramica Metallic Black Cookware Set includes accessories such as 8-inch Tramontina fry pan, 10-inch fry pan, 11-inch covered deep skillet, 1.5Qt covered saucepan and 5Qt covered Dutch oven.
Features of Tramontina 10 pc Aluminum Gourmet Ceramica Black Cookware Set
Quality & Durability
The 10-Piece Gourmet Tramontina Ceramic Cookware Set has been engineered with the finest materials, craftsmanship and in the perfect design to last long.
These pots and pans feature a heavy-gauge cold-forged aluminum construction. On the exterior is robust metallic black porcelain enamel that makes it super easy to clean.
In the interior is a smooth PFOA-free nonstick ceramic coating that guarantees healthy cooking and remarkable durability.
Easy to Clean
Imagine the annoying feeling that comes when food sticks as you cook. It makes cooking hectic and cleaning a nightmare.
With the Tramontina cookware sets, your cooking will be such an efficient and enjoyable undertaking. These cooking pans and pots feature a smooth coating capable of releasing food easily, a feature that also makes cleanup effortless.
PFOA & PTFE free Ceramic Interior
Tramontina cookware sets have a PFOA and PTFE free ceramic interior coating that allows for healthy cooking, readily releases food and makes cleaning easy. Also, the Tramontina cookware set is lead and cadmium free. The dangers of using lead-containing kitchenware are unimaginable.
But what’s wrong with PFOA and PTFE material? When exposed to high temperatures, Teflon (PTFE) and PFOA used in making Teflon release fumes into the air, which when breathed may cause flu-like symptoms.
Ergonomic Soft Grip Stainless Steel Handles
In the kitchen, you want kitchenware you can handle comfortably lest you sustain burns. You’ll be happy to know that this set is fitted with cast stainless steel handles with silicone soft-grip accents that guarantee optimum comfort, stability, and that extra support needed to provide a firm grip.
Heat and Shutter Resistant Glass Lids
Also, the Tramontina cookware set comes with beautiful heat and shatter resistant tempered glass lids. The lids can stand high temperatures of up to 350°F without breaking. Even better, you can monitor how the cooking progresses without the need to uncover the lid.
The cookware set is oven safe and can withstand temperatures of up to 350F°. Besides, it compatible with gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops.
Tramontina Aluminum Gourmet Black Metallic Cookware Set has been manufactured in Italy but assembled and packaged in the USA. It comes with a lifetime warranty, which should tell a lot about the trust Tramontina have in the quality of their products.
- Made from heavy-gauge cold-forged aluminum to last long. The glass lids are heat and shatter resistant
- Healthy cookware set. PFOA, PTFE, Lead and Cadmium free
- Transparent glass lids allow you to monitor the cooking progress
- It oven safe and can stand high temperatures not exceeding 350°F
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Cast stainless steel handles with silicone soft-grip accents guarantee an ergonomic comfortable grip
- Easy to clean thanks to the smooth ceramic interior coating that prevents food from sticking
- Works with gas, electric and ceramic glass stovetops
- Stylish and classy for a modern family
- Not induction ready and can’t work with induction cooktops
- Withstands a relatively low temperature (up to 350°F)
- Not dishwasher safe. Outside coating gets warped if put in a dishwasher. A hand wash is enough
Are Tramontina Aluminum Gourmet Black Metallic Cookware Sets Worth It?
In our view, these Tramontina sets are great value for your money especially if you’re into ceramic cookware. Unlike traditional ceramic cookware, the sturdy aluminum construction renders them more durable.
Also, they look adorable and presentable, which comes in handy as you can use the pots and pans to cook and to serve your meals which to us is provides a tonne of value. Heat distribution is quick and even which ensures fast and consistent cooking.
What’s more, the cookware sets come with cast steel handles with silicone soft-grip accents which makes handling and maneuvering easy as you go about your business in the kitchen.
And since they’re lead, cadmium, PTFE and PTFO free, your objective of healthy cooking is well catered for.
Simply put, you won’t go wrong with the Gourmet Ceramica set.
One of the top products in the Tramontina line of kitchenware is the 12-inch Tramontina Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Professional Fry Pan.
- NSF Certified commercial grade 3004 heavy gauge aluminum
- High performance reinforced PFOA free nonstick, dishwasher safe
- Riveted handle with removable, soft grip red silicone sleeve
- Works with gas, electric and ceramic glass, oven safe (400 fahrenheit / 204 Celcius)
- Tramontina item # 80114/536DS - UPC 016017041325
Aside from the 12’ Tramontina Aluminum Frying Pan, the manufacturer also offers other pan sizes of a similar style. You can choose to go for the 8’, 10’, 12’ or the 14’ fry pan. Whatever size you prefer.
Crafted to withstand heavy usage in a professional kitchen, this pan is the perfect choice for frying, scrambling, searing, and sauteing your favorite dishes. Better yet, the pan has been manufactured in such a way that it can easily adapt to any home and commercial use as we shall see.
Key Features of Tramontina 12-Inch Aluminium Nonstick Fry Pan
Heavy Duty Construction
This pan has been carefully designed using commercial grade heavy-gauge aluminum rendering it highly durable. If you’re looking to shop for a quality yet reasonably-priced fry pan, then your search ends here.
Additionally, the robust aluminum construction material allows for quick and even heat distribution throughout the pan which guarantees faster and consistent cooking.
Reinforced Nonstick Interior
Tramontina 12’ Aluminum Professional Nonstick Fry Pan features a reinforced nonstick interior, a property that prevents food from sticking to the pan. That guarantees hassle-free cooking and cleanup thereafter.
Riveted Cast Stainless Steel Handle
For additional support, the pan features a cast stainless steel handle that is riveted for a firm grip. It also comes with a removable silicone soft-grip that allows for a comfortable grip, renders the pan versatile and maneuvering easy when cooking. Moreover, the silicone grip makes it easy to move the pan in and out of the oven.
Would you like to cook something in the oven? Then Tramontina has you covered. Then pan is oven safe and will withstand temperatures of up to 400°F.
Tramontina 12” Professional Aluminum Fry Pan is the perfect addition to any kitchen, home or commercial. With the pan, you can accomplish a variety of kitchen tasks. Use it to scramble, fry, saute and sear your recipes.
Stylish and Beautiful
Any modern kitchen, home or commercial, would benefit from having this pan. The satin exterior finish renders it remarkably attractive and gives home chefs and restaurants a certain level of style and class.
Other than its ability to adapt to any commercial and non-commercial use and accomplish different kitchen tasks, there’s more to the Tramontina 12” Aluminum Professional Fry Pan. The pan can work perfectly with the gas, electric and glass cooktops.
Without a doubt, you want your cooking surfaces to be clean and free of harmful chemicals. As such, the cooking utensils you use must be healthy. In making the pans, Tramontina has your health and safety as a priority.
The manufacturer makes the pans using eco-friendly materials. High performance reinforced PFOA-free nonstick coating helps ensure a healthy cooking surface, prevents food from sticking and makes cleaning easy.
Tramontina 12-inch Professional Aluminum Fry Pan is NSF-certified. What that means is that the pan meets stringent standards expected of cookware for use in professional kitchens.
Tramontina pans are 100% the USA manufactured and come with a lifetime warranty. Yes, the manufacturer stands behind these pans.
- Uses robust heavy-gauge aluminum in construction
- It’s multipurpose. Can be used for searing, frying, sautéing and more
- Stylish and beautiful thanks to the attractive satin exterior coating
- Highly versatile. Works with electric, gas and ceramic glass cooktops
- Offers a comfortable grip. Riveted silicone grips make it easy to handle and maneuver in and out of the oven
- Withstands oven temperatures of up to 400°F
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- PFOA free nonstick coating prevents foods from sticking and makes the cleaning hassle-free.
- The pan can’t stand extreme temperatures beyond the recommended 400°F. We advice that you moderate the heat you expose it to.
- Not particularly safe for dishwashing. If you’ve had your fair share of experience in the kitchen then it is not news to you that some kitchen utensils and cookware are best cleaned by hand and not with dishwashers. Unfortunately, this pan doesn’t clean well in a dishwasher. If you are buying this pan, we recommend that you stick to hand washing it for the best results.
Should You Buy Tramontina Aluminum Professional Fry Pans?
Definitely. The pans feature a robust heavy aluminum construction that guarantees service for years if properly maintained. With these pans, you can be assured of even heat distribution, fast and consistent cooking.
Tramontina pans will help you can accomplish all manner of kitchen tasks that include searing, frying and sautéing. And with the PFOA free nonstick, you can be sure your food won’t stick. The removable silicone grips ensure that you can turn the pan however you want and comfortably.
This would not be a Tramontina cookware review without mentioning the 8 pc Induction Ready Gourmet Stainless Steel Cookware Set which at the time of writing happens to be a #1 Bestseller on Amazon.
- 8-inch fry pan, 10-inch fry pan, 2-quart covered sauce pan, 3-quart covered sauce pan and 5-quart covered Dutch oven
- Tri-Ply Clad construction (18/10 Stainless steel, aluminum core, magnetic Stainless steel) for quick and even heat distribution
- Precision cast 18/10 stainless-steel riveted handles and mirror-polished stainless-steel lids
- Dishwasher and oven safe (up to 500 F/ 260C); compatible with all cooktops, including induction
- NSF-Certified, MADE IN BRAZIL; Lifetime warranty
Induction cookware sets are the latest and coolest development in kitchenware evolution in our view.
Rather than heat the Tramontina pans and pots by thermal conduction, heat gets distributed through magnetic induction. And since inductive heating heats the cooking vessels directly, then you can be sure of fast heating and cooking.
To make induction compatible cookware sets, manufacturers fit a magnetic material to the base, which makes induction cooking possible.
You can tell that a cookware is induction compatible by holding a magnet to the bottom. If the magnet sticks to the underside, then the cookware can work on an induction cooktop.
Looking for a cookware set with more accessories? Then you can go for the Tramontina 9 pc Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Induction Ready Cookware Set. Or the Tramontina 12 pc Gourmet Primer Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Construction Induction Ready Cookware Set. They both have the same design and features as the 8 pc set, but pack more accessories.
For this particular review, we took a closer look at the 8 piece cookware set that comes with an 8” fry pan, 10” fry pan, 2Qt covered saucepan, 3Qt covered saucepan and 5Qt covered saucepan. Read on to find out the properties that qualify this induction compatible set.
Features of the Tramontina 8 pc Gourmet Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad Set
Currently, induction ready kitchenware are gaining popularity. This 8 pc Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad Cookware is induction compatible. It’ll work perfectly with whatever cookware there’s, including the induction cooktops.
Robust Tri-Ply Clad Construction
When in the market for a cookware set, you want a set guarantees value for your money. Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad Cookware will prove its worth. The cookware set has been crafted with ultimate care and materials to withstand consistent residential and commercial use for years.
The set features Tri-Ply Clad Construction that is 18/10 Tramontina stainless steel, induction ready magnetic stainless steel with aluminum sandwiched in between the 18/10 stainless steel. The construction optimizes heat distribution and conductivity throughout the pans and pots thereby providing heat from all angles and not the bottom alone.
Mirror Polished Stainless Steel Lids
Tramontina 8 pc Try-Ply Clad Induction Ready Cookware set also comes accompanied by 18/10 stainless steel polished lids. The lids not only complete the stylish appearance of the pots but also help retain heat and prevent the much-needed nutrients from escaping as you cook your recipes.
Ergonomic Cast Stainless Steel Handles
With Tramontina Try-Ply Cookware Set in your kitchen, you don’t have to worry about avoidable accidents. Do you want to lift a pan full of food? Not to worry. The cookware set features ergonomically designed riveted cast stainless steel handles that allow for maximum stability and additional support.
Dishwasher & Oven Safe
Regarding cleaning the pots and pans, you can either hand wash or use a dishwasher. The cookware set is dishwasher safe. Moreover, the Tramontina Try-Ply Cookware Set is oven safe and capable of withstanding temperatures of up to 500°F.
Attractive and Stylish Interior & Exterior Polish
If you want your kitchen to appear sophisticated, then the Tramontina Try-Ply Induction Ready Cookware Set will help accomplish that.
The outer layer of these cooking pans and pots is a polished finish that makes them beautiful and renders cleaning effortless. On the inside is a satin finish that adds a touch of style to the Tramontina pots and pans and gives them an elegant appearance.
Worried if you’re making the right decision? Relax. Tramontina Try-Ply Clad Cookware Set is NSF-Certified for use in professional kitchens.
Like most other Tramontina kitchenware, this cookware comes with a lifetime warranty. A reason for you as the buyer to smile make your purchase with a lot more confidence.
Also Read: Top 10 copper pots and pans sets reviewed
- Try-ply clad construction allows for heat distribution throughout the cooking vessel
- Hardy and robust. Aluminum core sandwiched between the 18/10 stainless steel makes the set of pans and pots strong enough for repeated use
- Induction compatible. The set can work on pretty much any cooktop including the induction ones
- High quality. Crafted in the finest design from quality materials and craftsmen
- Attractive and Stylish. The interior satin finish provides the pans and pots with impeccable beauty. They produce a sense of style and elegance
- Comfortable and stable. Each pan and pot comes with a riveted steel handle that guarantees optimum stability and additional support
- The cookware set comes with robust stainless steel lids that retain heat and prevent nutrients from escaping
- Dishwasher and oven safe
- The food sticks on the pans and pots. Apply oil on the cooking vessels to prevent sticking and avoid turning your food too soon. Also, makes sure you maintain the cooking temperature at moderate levels lest it sticks.
Is Tramontina 8 pc Try-Ply Clad Induction Ready Cookware Set a Good Deal?
Without question. It’s one of the cookware sets that lives up to its name. The set is robust enough to withstand heavy usage in the commercial setting.
The unique Try-Ply Clad Construction is definitely the selling point. When using this set, you can be sure the pots and pans will heat evenly and the food will cook consistently.
And thanks to the polished stainless steel lids, you can cook quickly as they retain and prevent the important food nutrients from escaping.
One major complaint we’ve seen during our research is that food sticks on the cooking vessels and especially the pans. But to alleviate the problem, apply oil throughout the pan, keep the heat moderate, and take your time before turning the food. Except for that downside, it’s a good deal.
Grab one or a couple of these Tramontina Try-Ply Clad Cookware Sets and take your food prep, cooking, and serving a level up.
Aside from induction cooking, another upcoming trend in the cookware manufacture is hard Anodized aluminum. You may call it the next general of cookware.
- Hand-wash only
- Oven-safe up to 350º F (176º C)
- Suitable for use on gas, electric and ceramic glass stovetops
“Hard Anodized” simply refers to use of aluminum metal that has been hardened using the electrochemical process to make sturdy pans and pots.
The best thing about hard anodized cookware is that the treatment of the aluminum material grants the cooking vessels a nearly non-porous finish that easily releases food and makes cleaning easy. Besides, compared to other metals, the anodized aluminum metal guarantees even heating. The anodizing also prevents the metal from leaching into the food.
What’s more, the hard anodized aluminum material used in making these pots doesn’t chip, crack, or sustain scratches and stains. The cookware set made from the hard anodized aluminum metal can also withstand metal utensils.
On to the Tramontina USA 15-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set. The first thing you notice is the large number of pieces that this set has. The cookware includes an 8’’ saute pan, 10’’ saute pan, 12’’ round grill, 5.5Qt covered saute pan plus handle helper, 2, 3 & 4 inches covered saucepans, 5Qt covered Dutch oven and an 8Qt stock pot.
Key Features & Benefits of Tramontina Hard Anodized Cookware Set
Robust & Durable
Tramontina 15-Piece Hard Anodized Cookware Set is a high-quality strong cooking set designed using top grade materials and with the best craftsmanship. It’s made of hard anodized aluminum metal.
And with the hard aluminum materials, you can be sure of fast and even heat distribution of heat throughout the cooking vessels. That makes it the perfect set for professional chefs who understand the value of anodized cookware.
In addition, the cooking set comes with robust heat and shatter-resistant glass lids featuring stainless steel rims. That means you can check the progress of the food as it cooks without opening the lids.
Ergonomically Designed Riveted Cast Stainless Steel Handles
Concerned about the comfort of handling and stability of the cookware? Don’t be. This cookware set features ergonomic riveted stainless steel handles that provide additional strength for the unit. They also guarantee stability and a comfortable grip as you go about your cooking escapades in the kitchen.
PFOA-Free Nonstick Interior Coating
Tramontina Hard Anodized Cookware Set features a Teflon platinum nonstick interior coating that’s PFOA free. How does it help? The smooth coating prevents food from sticking on to the pans and pots rendering cleaning hassle-free.
If you’re looking for a cookware set that can work on a variety of cooktops, then this is one of those. Tramontina Hard Anodized Cookware Set will work perfectly on gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops.
This cookware set is also oven safe. It can withstand temperatures of up to 350°F. Be careful not to expose the unit to excessive heat higher than recommended.
So where does this cookware set shine and in what aspects does it fail? Let’s find out below
- Made from hard anodized aluminum metal and heat and shatter-resistant glass lids
- Easy to clean. The platinum PFOA-free nonstick interior coating prevents food from sticking which makes cleanup simple
- Remarkably versatile. Works on gas, electric and ceramic glass cooktops
- NSF-Certified for professional use
- Not dishwasher safe. Avoid putting it in the dishwasher. The nonstick interior coating may get warped. We would advice you to stick to hand washing.
- Not induction ready. Lacks ferromagnetic metal thus cannot be used on an induction cooktop.
Is Tramontina Hard Anodized Cookware Set Worth It?
Whether you’re a professional chef or a culinary enthusiast looking for a durable cookware set, it is our view that the Tramontina Hard Anodized Cookware Set is a great deal for you. It’s tough enough and therefore doesn’t scratch easily. The set will make your cooking super-efficient since food doesn’t stick and is easy to clean.
However, if you want an induction compatible cookware set, go for the Induction Ready Tramontina 8 pc/9 pc/12 pc Gourmet Stainless Steel Cookware Sets.
Except for the few downsides, we believe this Tramontina cookware set will revolutionize your cooking.
We’ve spent much time in the kitchen and followed top chefs around the world as they go about their meal preparation. From this, we’ve learnt that access to the right cookware makes your life in the kitchen a hell lot easier and the results are simply outstanding.
Mention quality, affordable and functional cookware and Tramontina comes to mind. This great brand is slowly making its name known and for good reason. They have invested heavily in ensuring that their pots and pans are as fun to cook with as they are functional and I’m certain that you agree with us that these are some of the best cookware sets out there.
We have given our two cents on what we believe to be the best Tramontina Cookware available and we trust this will help you reach an informed decision on the cookware for you.
All the best as you prepare and cook your meals.