BEST POTS AND PANS SETS REVIEWED
When buying cookware these days people typically debate
- the nature of cooking pots and pans they want (ceramic, stainless steel, cast iron),
- whether to go for nonstick coated cookware,
- what heat sources they can be used on (induction, glass stove, gas etc).
Oh, and then theres price. Everybody has a budget.
If youve narrowed your choice down, we have plenty of models to choose from in our list of the best cookware sets.
But if youre still a little lost in the cookware maze, dont fret!!! Our reviews are packed with enough info that will hopefully help steer you in the right direction.
BEST CERAMIC COOKWARE SETS
Ceramic Cookware sets are great multi-functional cookware that allow you to prepare and to serve your meals with the finesse and style of a professional cook.
Compared to traditional nonstick coating systems, ceramic coatings provides better nonstick performance with scratch resistance.
This is one of the best cookware sets out there and for good reason. The set is made of thick gauge aluminum that provides even heat conduction, prevents hot spots and most importantly have a Nonstick ceramic coating that is PTFE-Free, PFOA-Free, cadmium, and lead free. Thats right! You wont get some funny rubbery, chemical-ish smell when cooking.
On the downside, the Cook N Home Ceramic set is not Induction compatible which may be disappointing to some, but thats about all that this cookware cant do, it cooks perfectly on gas, electric and glass stovetops just to mention a few.
- The handles are made to be Anti-slip to provide a comfortable grip and stay cool while cooking.
- Another amazing feature are the Tempered glass lids with steam vent to view food and fits on fry pans.
- You can safely use it in the Oven upto 350F and its dishwasher safe.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2JUBzyM target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Cook N Home ceramic set price[/su_button]
This wouldnt be a complete Ceramic Cookware review without mentioning this amazing set from the Wearever brand. These pots and skillets are equipped with an Aluminum base that allows them to heat up fast and evenly. Do not overheat the cookware and follow the instructions for use and maintenance for best results.
- Riveted Silicone handles for secure, comfortable grip. The handles can cook with high temperature up to 350 Degree F
- The heavy gauge aluminum with ceramic coating offers superior stain resistance, superior scratch resistance and is the most durable ceramic cookware for WearEver
- High quality aluminum base provides even heat distribution for you to cook efficiently
- PTFE, PFOA, Cadmium and lead free Nonstick Ceramic coating
- Safe for all cooking methods except induction.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2A6I2qZ target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check WearEver ceramic set price[/su_button]
They work exclusively with healthy ceramic non-stick coatings and even have their own ceramic coating, the Thermolon coating, in the market. Themolon is derived from natural materials meaning its free from any toxins and 100% safe for you, your family and your friends.
This 14-piece set is a perfect way to welcome the Green Life brand to your life. It is indeed what you need to create healthy and memorable meals that everyone will look forward to. Cleaning is made easy due to the nonstick nature of the interior of the pan so you can rest assured you wont be spending hours on dishes.
- Thermolon™ healthy ceramic non-stick coating - all natural material makes cooking a breeze
- Manufactured without PFAS, PFOA, Lead and Cadmium - good for the environment, great for you
- Dishwasher safe - but hand washing with a soft sponge and warm soapy water will do
- Oven safe up to 350 ºF - perfect for your one pan meals.
- Aluminum reinforced bodies - durable and scratch resistant.
- Stay-cool Bakelite handles with a soft-touch - perfect for a comfortable grip.
- Sleek glass lids - easy food monitoring.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2uMP2V0″ target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check GreenLife soft grip set price[/su_button]
We couldnt leave out the Rachael Ray Cucina Nonstick Cookware. This unique set features rustic, modern color, functionality that nails the purpose of having ceramic cookware, which is most definitely beauty and dual use as they doubles as great serving dishes.
- It includes two covered saucepans (1-qt/ 3-qt), one 6-qt covered stockpot, two skillets (8-in/10-in), and one 3-qt covered saute pan
- Crafted with durable aluminum and sturdy hard enamel porcelain exteriors; espresso-colored, PFOA-free nonstick releases foods effortlessly
- The 12-piece cookware set boasts dual-riveted rubberized stainless steel handles and shatter-resistant glass lids; includes slotted turner and spoon
- Oven safe to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the pots and pans are suitable for all stovetops, except induction
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2AbOrkG target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Rachael Ray Cucina Set price[/su_button]
Don’ts with Ceramic Cookware
Now this may sound controversial as some of the main selling points ceramic cookware sets are the very features I am about to demonize, but in all fairness, Im here to give you the facts so that you get the deal for your money. I will use this analogy and hope you catch on, One of biggest selling points of some of the best smartphones is in their water proof nature. And though that might be a compelling reason to buy the phone, you dont then go and throw your new phone in water at every chance that you get! Do you?
Thats the same case with the features in Ceramic Cookware. Ceramic tends to be light-weight in nature, if you want hardy, heavy-weight cookware you might consider Stainless Steel and Cast iron Cookware which are also covered in this review.
Sure there are some complains here and there about ceramic cookware chipping and sometimes even breaking.
Here is the thing though, Ceramic cookware is just that…ceramic!
If you follow directions, season it with vegetable oil and NEVER use metal utensils and avoid put them in a dishwasher, your pots will look brand new for a long time.
Yes, it may take a few extra moments to take care of it, but its totally worth the effort.
To sum this up:
- Avoid cooking in Oven Heat above 250 Degrees. Use over Stovetops.
- Avoid using Metal Utensils. Use silicone and wooden utensils.
- Avoid washing with Dishwasher. Wash with your hands.
BEST STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE SETS
Stainless steel cookware are great and hardy cookware fit for a first time purchase and even the more experienced cooks. The shiny cookware are as easy to clean as they are to cook with. There color choice is limited but they dont fade over time (if maintained well). We have reviewed the top rated stainless steel sets that will give you the best value for your money.
Some tips when handling Stainless steel:
- Avoid High temperatures. Stainless steel heats very evenly and cooks well at medium - medium high.
- Do not boil till you run out of water i.e. do not boil dry
- When cooking frozen foods, allow your food to warm before cooking i.e. take them out of the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes as overly chilled food tends to stick when introduced to heat.
- DONT use cooking sprays. Sprays contain a chemical propellant that is difficult to remove. Instead dab a bit of oil on a paper towel and carefully wipe the interior of the pan.
- Add your oil to the pan after it has had a chance to heat up and before you add food. It takes less oil with a stainless steel set then most and make sure to coat evenly.
Finding great cookware can be daunting especially if its your first time. Well here a budget friendly set that will get you started on the right track. This great 15-piecer from Faberware offers you a great selection of skillets and pots to choose from. The Faberware line of cookware has been trusted by families for over 100 years, and this cookware set continues that tradition for a new generation.
The stainless steel surface of this set is high quality and you can rest assure that food wont be sticking to your pans. The lids fit perfectly on the pots and pans making them easily interchangeable. The pans have high sides taking care of all the oil and food splatter that comes with cooking. Its easy to clean even if you accidentally burn food on them, which happens quite often in most kitchens.
- The Interior surfaces are made of Brushed Stainless Steel
- The cookware are dishwasher safe except the skillets.
- Suitable for Electric, Glass-Ceramic and Gas stove tops
- The set is also Induction cooktop Safe (except skillets)
- Oven safe upto 350°F
- The handles are Phenolic
- The set has a classic mirror-polished exterior making stylish to cook with.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2mJpgwr target=blank background=#efa12d size=10″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Farberware Stainless Steel Set price[/su_button]
The pots and pans stack nicely making storing this particular set a breeze. The pans are heavy and solid and will definitely out-last most other cookware. The Cuisinart Multiclad is great option whether youre looking to start your kitchen or broaden your culinary horizon.
Preheating is a must if you wish to get the utmost best performance from this set. Also you may need to clean these by hand but other than that these are really great. I especially am fond of the varied assortment of skillets, saucepans and pots that you get, all your meals
- Professional Triple Ply Construction features a core of pure aluminum and a brushed stainless exterior.
- Heat Surround™ Technology allows for even heat distribution along the bottom and sidewalls of the cookware.
- Cool Grip™ Handle Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop.
- Drip-Free Pouring Rim Tight fitting cover seals in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results, every time you cook.
- Dishwasher Safe
- Suitable for use with induction cooktops
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2mJpgwr target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Cuisinart Multiclad set price[/su_button]
One thing about most if not all Duxtop Cookware is their induction compatibility, they work great for induction. The cookware has an Aluminium sandwich at the bottom which facilitates even heat distribution while also making it great for induction.
Each set is packaged meticulously as you shall see when you recieve it, ensuring your package arrives intact, eliminating breakages during deliveries.
The handles on the lids are tall so you dont burn your fingers while lifting them. Also, the handles on the pans and pots only get warm at most, making them safe and comfortable to use. The exterior is brushed stainless steel which isnt as shiny as youd expect with stainless steel, but they are beautiful and professional looking nonetheless.
- They are constructed with commercial grade stainless steel and heavy gauge impact-bonded aluminum encapsulated bottom. These will literally last a lifetime.
- Ergonomically shaped handle with anti-slippery satin finish, handle is riveted to pan providing extra durability.
- Suitable for all cooking source, electric, gas, infrared, induction stove or radiant glass and ceramic cooktop.
- Dishwasher-safe, but we insist cleaning with hands is more effective for stainless steel.
- Oven-safe to 550 degrees F
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2AgNYNY target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Duxtop Stainless Steel set price[/su_button]
Based in California, USA, Cooks Standard is an American company that, designs and manufactures high-quality cookware products for the home and kitchen. This 10 piece Multi-Ply Clad set makes it on the list because of its professional look and fine craftsmanship.
The Multi-Ply clad metal construction combines 18/10 surgical stainless steel with a multi-element aluminum core that creates a permanent bond of metal, so heat passes through the whole pan body from the bottom up the side walls, not just at the bottom, for maximum cooking performance. Being as they are, stainless steel cookware, its important to preheat and oil for best performance.
- Stay-Cool Handles with Air-Flow Technology. Thoughtfully designed, the cookwares solid stainless-steel handles come riveted for strength and provide an open V-shaped design with air-flow technology that keeps the handle cooler and more comfortable.
- The cookware has scratch-resistant stainless-steel bases, which come with a brushed finish and that can be safely used on any type of stovetop, including gas, electric, ceramic glass, even induction.
- Oven-safe up to 500 degrees F.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2NMZKSu target=blank background=#efa12d size=10″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Cooks Standard Stainless Steel set price[/su_button]
BEST CAST IRON COOKWARE SETS
Cast Iron is as Hardy and Heavy weight as it can get when it comes to Cookware sets. One of the rather interesting advantages of Cast Iron cookware is that you can use Metal Utensils as you like and the skillets will still be scratch-free.
Cast iron pots and pans are by large sold as individual pieces, so getting a set can be troublesome. A quick work around is to get a set and add individual the pieces that you need. That said, here is a review of some of the top rated cast iron sets.
This wouldnt be a Cast iron cookware review without featuring the Lodge brand. They are undeniably one of the top revered brands for quality cast iron cookware. This heavy duty cookware set holds heat really well and is non-stick in most situations.
The cookware goes on most heat sources but you need to be careful with them when using glass stovetops and induction cooktops so as no to damage the cooktops. Cleaning is a breeze; just wipe the cookware soon after use and heat till dry to remove water and prevent rusting. Also seasoning your skillets regularly before use gets them to perform even better.
- Made in the USA.
- Seasoned for a natural, easy release finish that improves with use.
- At home on any heat source except the microwave.
- Unparalleled heat retention and distribution.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2LIJzZ2″ target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Lodge Seasoned set price[/su_button]
Bruntmors brand new enameled cast iron set. I know! I know! they look like ceramic cookware dont they? Well you get the best of both worlds with this set. The cast iron is careful coated with an enamel coating on the interior and are fire red on the exterior to give a functional, hardy and beautiful design. Pleasing to the eye and built to outlive their owners, this strong set makes for a great addition to any kitchen and will last for years to come. Its a perfect gift to friends, relatives and even to self.
This 21 piece set includes: dutch oven with lid, sauce pan with lid, skillet, 5 silicone and wooden utensils, cutlery holder, rectangular baking dish with lid, and 4 mini-cocottes with lids.
- The set is induction compatible.
- There is a great selection of skillets and pots to choose from.
- You can bake with the rectangular baking dish.
- Stove to table. Can be used to cook and to serve your dishes.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2LDcVI1″ target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Bruntmor Cast Iron set price[/su_button]
If youre on a budget, this is a great option for you. It might not be as refined as the Lodge set but it is super sturdy and will definitely last long. You have to season them well if you dont want to stick your food. Overall this set offers excellent value.
- Skillets for use in open fire.
- The set includes a grill pan.
- This cookware is very durable.
[su_button url=https://amzn.to/2mJ3okN target=blank background=#efa12d size=11″ center=yes radius=round icon=icon: chevron-circle-right] Check Outdoor Gourmet Cast Iron set price[/su_button]
I hope you enjoyed the review and found a great set for you.
Please dont forget to share this article on social media so that more people can get the same value.
Have a great day ahead!