If you are looking for a new kitchen tool to spice things up while having tons of fun using it, try considering a whipping siphon.
A whipping siphon is a metal container used in kitchens to pressurize liquids.
They were designed to aerate creams that are quite high in fat. Due to the name, most people think it is only for making whipped cream.
It is also used for making fresh soda, infusing fruit, topping a dish with foam, or speeding up marinating as we will see in-depth in this article.
You have probably seen it in coffee shops but whipping spoons do a lot more than that.
Whipping siphons are also different in type: insulated thermos type, standard and heat-resistant.
They also come in different sizes depending on what you want to use the siphon for.
So how do they work?
When the liquid is pressurized and forced out of the nozzle, the gas escapes from the liquid aerating the liquid which creates a foam.
The foam usually varies from a quickly dissolving froth to a heavy one which you can achieve by adding thickeners and stabilizers.
Whipping siphons make work easier, especially creating foods that usually take so much time to make like kimchi and flavorful bitters for cocktails.
Easy science of how the siphon works is you fill the canister with the solid food or liquid then pressurize and screw on the lid.
Use small chargers filled with nitrous oxide or carbon dioxide to create the pressure needed.
When pressing the lever, gas escapes which creates the fluffy whipped texture that you are going for.
There are also soda siphons as mentioned earlier but are quite different from whipping siphons since they are only for liquids but whipping siphons can be used for solid foods because of their larger opening.
The soda siphon is also only used with carbon dioxide which dissolves best in liquids but whipping siphons can use both carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide chargers.
Best Whipping Siphons
- 【Durable Whipped Cream Dispenser】The cream whipper can make every occasion memorable, whether as an indulgence in your coffee or the perfect touch to your dessert .The high quality commercial grade aluminum dispensers including metal threads between canister and head to be long wearing.Delivering the best with premium food grade brushed aluminum whipped cream canister and head, anti-slip silicone grip, precise cream capacity scale, reinforced threads, silicone gasket and dustproof plastic cap!
- 【PROFESSIONAL WHIP CREAM DISPENSER FOR EVERYDAY USE】Whether you are preparing a special dessert or the perfect coffee drink, the Professional Whipped Cream Dispenser will make kitchen prep a breeze.Get ready to impress your guests with your unique pastry and dessert creations! This must have kit includes 6 durable, stainless steel decorating tips that will help you make striking sweet treats and indulgences featuring fluffy whipped cream topping that is an all-favorite.
- 【500ML Capacity】500ML whipped cream maker, it's great for home using to whip cream, ice cream, frostings, soft cheese, pastry cream, butter, jellies and more. You'll be amazed by its versatility. Your homemade treats will sure to impress friends and families. Make meal and dessert time much more memorable with this cream whipper.
- 【EASY GRIP & CLEAN】Smooth screw-on design top piece includes black silicon grip for easy screwing and unscrewing that most whip cream dispensers lack; Easy to clean, just rinse the head piece and whipped cream maker body under running water; Comes with a cleaning brush to remove any extra residue including hard to reach areas in your decorating nozzles; All whipped cream dispenser parts included are ready for use (except N2O chargers - sold separately).
- 【100% RISK FREE PURCHASE】Providing you with the friendliest customer service is our number one goal. This why we stand 100% behind our products and we offer you a no questions asked return policy, assuring 100% satisfaction guarantee!
- Professional grade whipping - Create custom craft treats the healthy way with EurKitchen Whipped Cream Maker; Bring out the culinary chef in you - make top ice cream sundaes, rich chocolate mousses, whip coconut cream, froth latte, soda stream, and nitro cold brew coffee with this cream whipper; Easily make tasty, zero-carb keto quality sugar free whipped cream; You can even make fluffy scrambled eggs and homemade butter
- Durable and sturdy aluminium Whipped cream canister - Get the heavy duty feel with this all-aluminum canister and dispenser head of our cream whipper; Easy grip with reinforced threads, our whip dispenser is durable for daily & commercial use; Black satin premium finish of our canister keeps your whip cream maker looking new for years, and you can use the 3-styled decorating tips to give your whip cream pies, cakes, waffles and beverages a memorable, professional presentation
- Multi-use dispenser - Set your gear up with our Tips & Recipes that will have your whip cream maker create artisanal desserts, keto creamer, nitro cold brew coffee, healthy whip cream toppings & butter with no preservatives - just in minutes - for butter: shake dispenser 25-30 times, release N2O, open dispenser, and remove with spatula: Compatible with all brands of 8-gram N2O cream chargers - take note that the Nitrous Oxide Chargers are sold separately
- Easy to clean and maintain - After use, you can clean this Whip Cream Maker set just by rinsing out the easy grip container and using our brush for the intricate decorating tips and dispenser head; Store all your accessories in the mesh storage bag - your cream whipper includes 1 Whip Dispenser Canister, 3 decorating plastic tips, 2 plastic charger holder, replacement silicone gasket, cleaning brush and mesh storage bag; N2O Cream Chargers sold separately
- Our promise - We are confident that our products are premium & high-grade: Your satisfaction is important to us at EurKitchen - Get a risk-free purchase and a lifetime warranty with our Whipped Cream Maker; If your EurKitchen Whip Cream Dispensers do not perform to your expectations, return it for a 100% refund includes your purchase price or contact us for an immediate and expedited replacement
Since now we know that whipping siphons are not just for whipped cream, investing in a higher-end one will go a long way considering all you could do with it.
- iSi Stainless Steel Gourmet Whip Plus is the undisputed choice for many chefs especially due to the several versions and sizes of the whipping siphon. It is known for the high-quality stainless steel and comes with different attachments. While purchasing it, you can also get the injector attachments for filling things like chestnut puffs. It can also be heated in a water bath for warm dishes.
- iSi Cream Profli Whip Plus
- iSi N20 Cream Chargers are the chargers you need for your whipping siphon. Buy in bulk for cheaper discounts and well because they last forever.
- iSi Soda Seltzer Chargers are the carbon dioxide chargers that can be used in soda siphons and the whipping siphon for carbonating beverages.
Whipping Siphon Recipes
Bitters are just infusions of herbs and spices steeped in liquid to extract flavor.
Orange bitter recipe
- 5 g 0.2 0z dried gentian root
- 350 ml 40% abv neutral vodka
- 2.5 g quassia bark
- 25g fresh orange peel with no pith
- 2g caraway seeds
- 25g dried orange peel
- 2.5g green cardamom seeds
- 25g dried lemon peel
- 3 whole cloves
- 25g dried grapefruit peel
- Put all the dry ingredients except the fresh orange peel in a spice grinder and grind until they are the size of peppercorns. Mix the ground dry ingredients with the vodka and the fresh orange peel in the whooping siphon.
- Screw on the 1 iSi cream charger and shake away. Then put the whipper in simmering water at a pour-over max of 165 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Cool the iSi whipper in ice water then vent by pressing the leer down. Remove the head and pour the infused liquid through the funnel and sieve.
- The peels will have absorbed almost all liquid so, put them in a press sack and squeeze the bitters out yielding almost 185 ml.
Who doesn’t like mousse as a dessert? Literally no one. It is an ideal dessert that you can make at the comfort of your home with the whipping siphon.
- 250g forest berries
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 30 ml Grand Marnier
- 0.5g lemons
- 70g powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- First puree the berries and mix with sugar and the Grand Marnier.
- Add the core of the vanilla pod then refine with the lemon juice. Pass the mixture through your whipping siphon and add the heavy cream.
- Pour everything into the whipper, screw your charger and shake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish the berry mousse with other fruits and enjoy.
Remember when we said that you would have fun using the whipping siphon, this is what it means. Instead of using a leavening agent to make your cake batter lighter, using this tool will add air while you pressurize it creating that light-as-air batter.
Another advantage is that you can keep the batter in the siphon and refrigerate to have cake when you want to.
- 3 eggs
- 11/4 cups water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 box Betty Crocker Supermoist Yellow Cake mix
- Check the cake mix box and make your cake batter. Pour the batter in the siphon and charge with your nitrous oxide chargers. Then make sure to make cuts on the bottom of your paper cups to allow steam to escape.
- Spray the paper cups with cooking spray then siphon the batter in them until quarter way. Cook a cup at a time in the microwave for like a minute on high power.
- Invert on a plate when they cook and let rest for a few seconds then tap to release the cake.
Did you know you can make your own Starbucks coffee in the comfort of our kitchen? And using the whipping siphon, you can cut down on brewing time from days to a few minutes!
- 72 grams coffee
- 12 oz water
- Grind the coffee on your coarse grind till fine. Pour it in a whip cream canister then add your water. Stir until saturated. Screw on the lid making sure the gasket is in place. Charge with a cream canister. Let the canister rest when done and while it does, set up a pour over cone with a filter. Place your cup with ice below.
- Disarm the canister carefully by squeezing the handle gently. Unscrew the lid and strain your coffee through the filter.
Also Read: How To Cook With Alcohol