Stainless steel cookwares are known for their amazing quality and durability making them practically cheaper than most other cookware over time. In fact, if you take optimum care and maintenance, the cookware can last for several years and still look as good as new. When you have invested in this type of cookware, it is essential that you preserve them by regular cleaning. It won’t cause harm on the cookware to be cleaned excessively, in fact, it tends to perform better with that.
To make it easier for you to clean stainless steel cookware, you should take note of a few basic tips which we have listed for you below:
- Always wash your cookware by hand. Although most stainless steel appliances are now dishwasher-safe, there is still a tendency for the washer to leave marks on the surface over repeated wash. To prevent that from happening, you must perform cleaning by hand.
- Preferably, use warm water when cleaning stainless steel appliances in your kitchen. Depending on the extent of the stain or markings, you can use the water itself or add a detergent or cleaning solution into the water mixture.
- Avoid using a steel mesh scourer or wool scrubbing pads. These are too abrasive that it can add damage to the surface. Instead, utilize nylon or other gentle cushion or wipe for expelling harder stains and scratches.
- Avoid utilizing chlorine fade for cleaning your kitchenware or cookware.
- Once you have chosen a robust yet mild cleaning solution, apply a gentle scrubbing motion onto the surface when you clean the appliances.Use a paper towel (or any soft cloth) when wiping the answer off the surface. Make sure that you rinse it thoroughly to remove any residues. After that, clean the surface again until completely dry.
Other Maintenance and Cleaning Tips
It is not enough that you know how to clean your appliances or cookware. You must also know how to use and care for them properly. Here are some tips to consider:
- Never heat a pan when it is empty, even with low heat. Also, do not leave your pot to boil and it dries up.
- In case you forget your pan on the stove, and it eventually boils until dry, does not do something right away. Wait for it to cool down before you try fixing or restoring your kitchenware.
- Refrain from putting salt into a cold pan as it could result to white pitting over time. If you want to prevent your pots or cookware from getting damaged, it is best to add in salt once the water has reached boiling point. Keep this in mind when cooking with stainless steel appliances.
Learning how to clean stainless steel cookware and appliances is vital because you are using them every single day. Thus, with proper care and cleaning ability, you can ensure that they will last for a long time. Always follow the steps for cleaning stainless steel cookware as indicated above for best results to Care for stainless steel Cookware.