Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 10-piece Chef’s Cookware Set Review
Curtis Stone Durapan was released by the world renown young Australian chef Curtis Stone. The Curtis Stone Cookware is crafted having the user in mind thus each piece is designed to make cooking fun and save time. The Curtis Stone Durapan 10-piece Chef’s Cookware set has a wide range of sizes and lids that are designed to fit several pans. This cookware is multifunctional since its colorful finish conveniently transitions it to a serving dish once it is done the cooking. It comes in the following colors red, black, turquoise Blue, Stone Gray, and White.
How the Durapan Technology works
The Curtis Stone Durapan sets are reinforced with a five-layer thick titanium nonstick coat that is specially formulated to add durability and strength as well as an appealing interior finish. This coat offers more than four times the strength of the unreinforced cookware. The titanium coat makes the cookware to cook ford more quickly, evenly, and thoroughly. This translates to the even and superior distribution of heat.
The body of each and every piece of this super-versatile cookware set is made of heavy-duty forged aluminum with a stainless steel disc-based thus it works perfectly on a wide range of cooktops including electric glass or ceramic top, electric radiant ring, halogen, electric solid plate, and gas-burner. The stainless base of Curtis Stone cookware is compatible even with induction-ready cooktops and cookware that apply an efficient and unique magnetic heating technology. Sticking a magnet at the bottom of the durapan makes it induction ready. Do not slide and drag the cookware over cooktops since this could damage its surface.
What’s in the Curtis Stone Dura-Pan 10-piece Cookware Set?
• The Eight inches (8″) Fry pan that has a diameter of 8.25”, a height of 1.72″, and a riveted Y handle of 6.75″
• The eleven inches (11″) Fry pan that has a diameter of 11.375″ , a height of 2.125″, and a riveted Y handle of 7.75″
• 1 qt. Saucier pan that has a diameter of 5.875″ , a height of 3″, and a riveted Y handle of 6.75″
• 2 qt. Saucier pan plus a strainer lid. It has a diameter of 8.25″ , a height of 2.75″, and a riveted Y handle of 7.75″
• 4 qt. Everyday sauté pan plus lid. It has a diameter of 11.375″ , a height of 7.5″, and a helper handle of 1.75″
• 5 qt. Dutch oven plus domed lid. It has a diameter of 11″ , a height of 3.5″, and side handles
• Roasting and steaming universal rack that has a diameter of 9.5″ and a height of 1.25″
• Use and care sheet
• Ten Curtis Stone recipe cards
• Manufacturer’s one-year limited warranty
Every dish you prepare deserves a lot of love, enthusiasm, and attention to make it great. There are numerous recipes you can prepare using the Curtis Stone Cookware that will inspire your cooking and make every mouthful magical. These include Crispy Bacon with Braised Red Cabbage, New Mexico Chili, Salsa Verde with Pan Fried Snapper, Raspberries with Chocolate Zabagalione, Roasted Tomatoes with Cheese-Crusted Pork Chops, Oranges with Lime Shaved Ice, Beer with Steamed Mussels, Cheesy Croutons with Split Pea Soup, Caper Butter Sauce with Herb Roasted Salmon, as well as Potatoes, Tomatoes, and Olives with Pot Roast
Features of the Curtis Stone Durapan 10 peice set
• The 10-piece cookware set provides a wide selection of pan bodies which can be used on all the meals.
• You can use the five qt. Dutch oven as a double-handled sauteuse.
• The Eight inches (8″) fry pan has double-pouring lips. This translates to less dipping, spillage and greater maneuverability when pouring food onto the plate
• The saucier pans are shallow, small, and perfectly designed for sauces and foods that require to be stirred constantly.
• The pans have reinforcement rims that increase the durability and strength to its body.
• It is advisable that you use plastic, silicone and wooden utensils with the 10-piece Curtis Stone Dura-pan sets in order to prolong the life of the titanium nonstick coat if you do not want to gouge the nonstick surface. Do not use metal utensils, knives to cut food in the pan, and sharp-edged tools.
• The double-riveted Y handles made of stainless steel are lightweight, strong, and reduce absorption of heat thus do not get hot under the normal stovetop conditions.
• The vented lids are quite durable, and safe to use in ovens since they can stand high temperatures of up to 350 degrees. Having been made of made of tempered glass they allow you to monitor the food as it cooks without losing heat. The excess steam is released through the built-in vent.
• The versatile lids are interchangeable between the cookware. This means that the eight inches strainer lid will be used on the eight inches fry pan and the 2 qt. saucier; the eleven inches tempered glass lid will be used on the eleven inches fry pan, 4 qt. Everyday sauté pan and 5 qt. Dutch oven; and the eleven inches domed lid will be used on the eleven inches fry pan, 4 qt. Everyday sauté pan, and 5 qt. Dutch oven.
• Roasting/steaming universal rack is used to cook under the broiler o roast in the oven. It doubles as a trivet or cooling rack.
• The rack fits a number of pans including the eleven inches fry pan, 4 qt. Everyday sauté pan, and 5 qt. Dutch oven. It is perfect for cooking fish or steaming vegetables.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Just like every other item, the Curtis Stone Dura-Pan Nonstick 10-piece Chef’s Cookware Set has its advantages and drawbacks. Here are some of them:
• The cookware is durable and very stylish.
• Very easy to hand wash or clean in a dishwasher since the food does not stick.
• It meets its expectations on performance.
• The prices are quite competitive.
• The lighter colored pieces particularly for the sets with white exterior need some extra attention when cleaning to avoid their discoloration.
The Curtis Stone Durapan Cookware is such a perfect choice for those who love good cooking, therefore, it could be a great gift for your wife or friend who loves cooking. It saves time and energy since it cooks much faster with the help of the Durapan Technology. You do not have to use oil or water when cooking with this type of cookware since the food does not stick on it.